FNS - the morning after...

Last night was Friday Night Sew-In at Heidi’s and I made a lot of progress on my Paper Roses quilt. I started the night with lots of caffeine and the sweet romantic movie on Netflix, Listen to Your Heart, about a young musician that falls in love with a privileged girl who lost her hearing in childhood. Later, I listened to an audio book on my little IPod by Francine Rivers, Her Daughter’s Dream.

The quilt is made with a Breakfast at Tiffany’s Moda Charm Pack and additional background and borders fabric. Both the pattern and fabric are designed by Joanna Figueroa of Fig Tree & Co.


I started out by sewing 18 pinwheel blocks – I still have a little trouble with the pinked edges in precuts, but love the scrappy look I get without having to spend a lot of time (something in short supply these days) gathering fabric.

The sashings and cornerstones are all 1 ½” wide, so I pulled out my wonderful Go! Fabric Cutter and in a matter of a few minutes, cut everything; especially the cornerstones, I’ll bet it took no more than 3 minutes to cut all 31 of them!!! Yes, I am a fan…


The setting triangles (cream) and first border (green) are cut, and once the middle is assembled, I will measure and cut the second border (floral) – I bought enough fabric to cut them in one long strip, so there won’t be a need to match anything. The fun polka-dots are for the backing - love, love dots.


And here it is, on my design wall...


                                      ...I can't wait to get it finished and on the longarm!

Thanks Heidi, for this fun and inspiring challenge, I had a great time and was able to relax after a long day at work. Now I’m off the work on the garden; yes, a little late start, but better late than never, right? Check out other FNS blogs at Heidi’s.