It's all Red White & Blue


And today I'm so happy to be part of the
Red White & Blue Blog Hop
hosted by Jane over at Jane's Fabrics...


Jane, thanks for hosting this fabulous Hop!
and thank you Madame Samm for the awesome cheers
at Sew We Quilt!

This color combination was a bit of a challenge for me...
I loved working with the reds and whites,
but the dark blues,
well, they were a bit harder!!!
.... and guess what, I really had a great time!

I actually came up with seven blocks,
but ran out of time...
...so here's we go...

This is the first block I made - the background is paper pieced
and the eagle is a raw-edge applique

Next, I paper pieced this little airplane
and just had to add the little flag button
to the wing  *Ü*

While playing with ideas,
all I could think about was pinwheels,
so this was my first attempt...

 ...then I got a little more creative
and decided my pinwheels needed to be 3-D
Only challenge here was hand stitching the fireworks with metallic thread,
but I think it was worth the trouble. 
This one turned out to be my favorite of all!

Would you like to make the little wagon with the pinwheels block?
I made the pattern and a little fabric kit to give to one of you...
all you have to do is leave me a comment
telling me what your favorite dessert is!
Enter by Sunday, July 15
I'll announce a winner on the 16

Thanks for visiting!
Check out these wonderful blogs in today's hop!
quilter in motion
Linda's LInes and Loves
QuiltnQueen
Kim Sherrod Studio

Happy hopping,
                    

Labels: , , , , , ,