I Dare to Dresden!

Welcome to my day in the Dare to Dresden Blog Hop!
Thanks Christine of Quilt Monster in My Closet,
and Mdm. Samm of Sew We Quilt for all your hard
work in organizing this great hop,
and to all the participants!
Here's today's line-up:
January 25th, 2013

Gingersnap Quilts
Busy Bee Quilts
She Sews the Blues
Traveling Quilter
Grand Mama's Stories
Cherry Blossoms Quilting Studio... you're here!
Sew at Home Mummy
The Slow Quilter
Pig Tales and Quilts
Annie Oak Design
Jane's Fabrics & Quilts
Tea Time Creations
Mo Broker My Creative Side
Just Let Me Quilt
Words and Stitches
Just Keep Swimming
Sew Many Yarns
Sowing Stitches
Jane's Quilting
My Patchwork Life
2muchfun
Pumpkin Patch Quilter
Quilt Monster in my Closet

I made this quilt while on retreat
 and loved the fabric...
it's a line by Moda: Mama Said Sew...
so I made a little pillow to go with my quilt

of course, the idea of making a whole
Dresden quilt with this fabric
is very tempting, lol!

Then, I knew I had to make something else, he he!,
so I went on a little "inspiration" search on Google
and found this fabulous quilt

Immediately, I knew I had to make one like it!!!
but after searching for countless hours,
and having no luck finding the pattern,
decided to shop for the fabric
and make something similar...


Okay, before we go on,
please put your sunglasses on...



Alrighty, this is it:
I tried several colors for the center squares,
and orange won... again, lol!

Oh my word, I AM IN LOVE
with chevrons...
Well, last night while on Pinterest,
 I found it again! and I'm so happy it lead me to the
designer's website: Victoria Findlay
... her work is fantastic...thanks Victoria for the inspiration!

And thank YOU for taking the time
to look at my little Dresden projects!
I hope you enjoy visiting the other ladies
sharing their Dresdens today!

Happy hopping,
                                       





Labels: , ,