My Perfect Picnic

Welcome to my day in the Perfect Picnic Blog Hop!
Thanks to Mdm. Samm of Sew We Quilt
for the wonderful Picnic idea and to
Mary of I Piece 2-Mary for organizing this awesome hop!
A special thanks goes to Riley Blake Designs
for the beautiful laminate they provided,
Cori of Chitter Chatter Designs
for the awesome inspiration,
and our hop sponsor, Peterboro Baskets

For my Perfect Picnic,
I made this fun quilt
using Allison Designs's Patch-No-Work! pattern
in black & white with a little touch of red!
Of course, I had to have a little applique!
So I used my favorite tool,
the Silhouette Cameo,
and cut out our initials
to make these little pillows for our picnic...
I loved working with the beautiful
red & white polka dot laminate Riley Blake provided
and created a liner to go under my quilt
to keep it clean and dry!
Sewing the laminate was made easier with
my Bernina Teflon foot!  
These great tarp/canopy clips with tent pegs
held the four corners of the liner down.

Hubby and I had a wonderful picnic on the grounds
of Rosedown Plantation in St. Francisville, LA...
...even the local wild life came out to greet us!

There were several antique quilts
on display at the house
and a sewing machine from the 1800s

The flowers were beautiful...

...a few favorites.

For our picnic,
I made a Crawfish Casserole,
Mexican Cornbread,
and a Broccoli Salad...
...we finished off our meal with
watermelon and Three-Story Dream Pie...
... with a cherry on top,
played Mancala,
and read Nicholas Sparks' The Notebook...
We had a wonderful time!


°Ü°

I'm so glad you stopped by!
How about a little giveaway?
I had three new patterns at Market this Spring...


...I'd like to give away a pattern to three winners!
Three chances to win: leave a comment,
follow my blog, and/or like Cherry Blossoms on Facebook...
Giveaway closes on Friday, June 13... good luck!

... and the winners are ...

                   drum roll, please...

                                   Congrats ladies!


And for more Perfect Picnics, visit these ladies:
Monday June 9
Cherry Blossoms you're here!
The Quilting Queen Online
Mad Quilter's Disease
Daisy Days
Buzzing and Bumbling
From My Carolina Home
Sew We Quilt

Hugs,
                                        


 










Labels: , , , , , , , ,