It's my day in the...

See you in September Blog Hop
A huge thanks to Shari of Living With Purpose
and to Mdm Samm of Sew We Quilt for hosting another incredible hop.

This summer has just flown by,
and I've had so much fun working
on a few projects to show ya'll.
Of course, when I signed up for this hop
I came up with so many projects,
it would've taken until See you in September 2015...
perhaps 2016 to have them finished, lol! 
so here's what I was able to make for 2014:

First, I want to show you my gingham project...
I thought about many thinks to make
with the layer cakes and jelly roll I purchased,
but then, I spotted my American Doll bed just sitting there,
patiently waiting for a cute quilt,
so I decided it was the perfect opportunity
to get going on a mini for it, and boy was it fun!
I drew the little dresses,
cut them out with my Silhouette Cameo,
and then embroidered them on my new Bernina...
which I love, love, love...
The little dresses are so tiny,
I was able to hoop 8 of them in one large hoop!
Then it was a matter of adding a little sashing,
a few borders, some quilting and binding,
and I had a cute little mini!
The little bed comes with a mattress and pillow,
so I made a quick little pillow sham to match the quilt,
now I just need a to get one of those cute dolls, don't you think?

Project number two was for my hubby's office,
sorry about the poor photo quality...
all the taupe triangles have koi quilted on them...
Hubby loved how it turned out!

The third project was part of a challenge with my Monday guild.
We were to create a cow inspired by the book "Out of the Box"
by Mary Lou Weidman & Melanie Bautista McFarland.
I was a personal trainer for many years,
so decided to make a "fitness" cow...
goodness, I had so many things I wanted to add,
but ran out of time... I still had so much fun with this one,
especially coming up with her list of exercises...
Would love to make a few more quilts
with Mary Lou's techniques.

My Lagniappe project
was this super fast Twister quilt
I used Quilter's Dream Request cotton batting,
a very thin bat perfect for a summer quilt.

°Ü°

So... I loved playing with my gingham
and want to share the fabric I didn't use...
I'd like to give away these two RB Layer Cakes to one of ya'll...
to enter, leave me a comment and tell me:
what makes a quilt "modern" to you?
A winner will be chosen on Sunday, September 14.

°Ü°

Visit today's hop participants
for lot's of wonderful inspiration.

Monday, September 8
Quilting Quietly
Creatin' in the Sticks
Procrastination Queen
Lovelli Quilts
Cherry Blossoms ... you're here


Thanks for visiting on my day!







Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,